Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween in Glover Park 2011

 Lily giving me the hairy eyeball at her Halloween parade. 

 Amalia crashing the first grade class party. 

 Don't mind if I do! 

Can you spot the interloper? Amalia was surprisingly well-behaved at Lily's class party. Perhaps all the games and snacks kept her distracted. (Did I mention that I'm a Room Parent this year? It's so unlike me!)

Fast forward about four hours to our trick or treaters: Amalia the Pegasus, Lily the Eskimo Girl, Zahra the Supergirl, and Sophie the Cheetah. 

 
I'll get you, my pretty!

 Pegasus butt crack. 

Our neighborhood goes all out for Halloween. Much more than Christmas. This house featured an outdoor viewing of It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, along with beverages for the grown-ups (that's Andy on the right dressed as Billy Beane).

Some houses take more of the scary route. These things all groaned and popped up at various times. Amalia wouldn't get candy at this house.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but this house featured all kinds of special effects, including live fireworks and Piccolo Petes. No candy was retrieved from this house, either.

 Arrgh!

Running into classmates and neighbors. 

Heading home. Andy ended up going back to the Charlie Brown house with Amalia. Not sure if it was her doing or his (recall the adult refreshments). 

No comments: