Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Save me, San Francisco

Please pardon the interruption as we take a small break from Lilypalooza's usual subject matter. As some of you may recall, my husband thought it prudent to give me a rolling pin for my birthday last year when I turned 39--earning each of us a weekend alone with the girls one year later for my 40th. He with Lily and Amalia; me with friends in San Francisco. 

The San Francisco contingent had a wonderful time at a restaurant called Spruce. Our waiter was quite talented at describing the items on the menu. He literally took 10 minutes to explain all the ways one could prepare truffles (the evening's special)--shredded over tagliarini pasta, paired with a nice salad, etc. Unfortunately one of us arrived late (ahem, Kelly) and we got to hear it all over again. 

I don't usually drink, so I selected my cocktail based on its alliterative name (Bubble Berry Bramble). It was lovely.

 Amy, me, Shannon

 Kelly, Nancy

My specially prepared dessert plate of beignets. It's really too bad how my thumb accidentally brushed against the plate and ruined that nice writing.

After dinner, we headed over to the Boom Boom Room to see a local band called Con Brio. The drummer is the former drum tech from Guster.

This car was in the parking lot. I love San Francisco. 

I owe a world of thanks to Amy and Nancy--the weekend's conspirators/planners. I couldn't have had a more amazing celebration of my 40 years on the planet. So many wonderful memories. Your turn next year!

Getting a rolling pin was totally worth it. 


No comments: