Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Actions speak louder

Every Thursday in Amalia's daycare class is Love Note day. Parents send in a little note that is read by the teachers. (Hi. Hope you're having a good day. Do you have your listening ears on? And so forth.)

Last week when I was dropping Amalia off, she said, "Can you not give me a love note?" Me: "What? Why not?" Her: "Because then I'll get a hug."

I confirmed this with her teachers. Apparently, any kid whose parent does not send in a love note gets a hug from her friends (and possibly the teachers too; not sure).

So tonight Amalia again asked me not to send in a Love Note tomorrow. She would prefer the hugs. It feels a bit odd to intentionally neglect my parental duties, but I guess I'll comply. In the name of love.

***

In other news, Lily is beginning to lose her first tooth, which she is very excited about. We were discussing what the tooth fairy brings these days. Apparently the tooth fairy that visits one of her classmates leaves a chapter book in place of the tooth. Lily is hoping for money--to save up for her iPad (or iPhone--whatever the desired Apple product of the moment is).

Tonight Lily was wiggling her tooth with her tongue when Amalia came over to look. She said, "You know, when you lose a tooth, it makes blood. But it's good blood." Lily agreed, "Yeah, not like when you skin your knee or something."


No comments: