Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekend update

Here's a roundup of recent goings on. 

Andy bought the girls matching H&M butterfly dresses. 

Grandma Carol sent the girls coordinating fashionable outfits. 

Lily attended a birthday party at the American Girl store, which I'd previously told her didn't exist (only delaying the inevitable). So overwhelmingly consumery was the environment, I couldn't bring myself to take a picture of anything in the store, but I did find these handy doll hangers in the bathroom stalls. 

Andy took this picture with his cell phone. 

Meanwhile, Amalia got to take a train ride at the mall. 

Today, we went out to Clemyjontri park, which included a ride on the carousel. 

Friday night, I participated in a corporate spelling bee fundraiser for the Academy of Hope, a local adult education organization. 

And we won! Here we are posing with the gong, which our team never had to hear (they would hit it when you got a word wrong). 


The guy on the left was our word pronouncer--the local NPR art critic. Now if only my brain could quit quizzing me on all the words (scrophulariaceous, rijsttafel, etc.). 


No comments: