Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Frankenstorm 2012 - Day 2



In case you can't see it, the water line on our rain gauge is above the 5" line. It was at 2" the previous evening, so Sandy dumped over 3" overnight at her peak. 


Without knowing it, my two girls embodied our sense of cabin fever by making themselves into turtles, their shells symbolizing how we felt inside our house while everything was closed the last 48 hours.


That is, everything except the zip line between our house and the girls' next door. Those are actually hares in tortoise clothing. Hares who wear flip flops and camisoles when it is raining, windy and 40-something degrees outside. They are so California and they don't even know it.

I know I've exceeded expectations when I am asked via email by Heather to coordinate trick-or-treating with 3 girls Lily has asked to join up with, when I end up with FOUR other girls. Yessssss!

Sun-Tue tally:
  • 1 layer cake
  • 1 pumpkin pie
  • 1 failed trip to Six Flags
  • 2 play dates
  • roasted pumpkin seeds
  • 1 melt down (2 if you count me)

No comments: