Thursday, January 1, 2015

Goodbye 2014. Hello 2015.

While the girls went south to frolick in SoCal after spending Christmas in San Jose, I headed north to visit my parents in Lake Wildwood for a few days, where we finally finished a gruesome 1000 piece puzzle we started over Thanksgiving; squeezed in a half round of golf; and had a rare Pierce family get-together for dinner, with my mom, brother Charlie and sister Stacey (and other friends and family). I then drove back to San Jose where I got to hang out with my buddy John, his son Ian, his boxer Riley, and my mom & step-father Colin.

On the 29th, John and I went to the Stanford Men's Basketball game versus Arkansas-Pine Bluff, if you want to call it a game. Stanford was up 45-14 at halftime...

On the 30th, my mom, Colin, John, Ian, and I went to Levi Stadium to watch Stanford play Maryland in the Foster Farms Bowl in the middle of high wind and freeze advisories. It also wasn't much of a game (Stanford won 45-21), and apparently there were a few people there John and I knew, which means we made up almost half the attendance for the game...

It wouldn't be Stanford football without the Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band. According to a woman seated in the row in front of us, the LSJUMB is a "scatter band" which requires much more skill to do formations than a traditional marching band. So there, THE Ohio State Marching Band!

Everything in this frame is frozen solid.
Everyone defrosted for the night at my place and then we all spent New Year's Eve eating, watching college bowl games, eating, playing Star Wars Monopoly, eating, making a New year's prime rib dinner so we could eat some more. It was a great few days of food & drink, fun, friends, and family. And it was a perfect way to close out 2014.

Here's to 2015!

No comments: