Monday, February 1, 2016

Only child

Last weekend, Andy and Lily were in Vegas for the National Field Archery Association's international Vegas Shoot 2016, with 3,000 of Lily's closest archery friends. Pictures and updates on that milestone to come, but back at the ranch, Amalia was making the most of being an only child for the weekend. 
On Friday  night, we stayed in a bed and breakfast in Capitola. 
The nice caretaker let us borrow some dominoes, likely to the chagrin of our downstairs neighbors.
Slo-mo. 
 On Saturday, Amalia and I took a drive down the coast to Lovers Point Park in Monterey.




These folks were catching fish with their hands and putting them in their cooler, presumably for dinner.


We had a picnic on the beach, which was lovely and peaceful right up until the point where a flock of seagulls divebombed me and snatched half of my sandwich right out of my hand just as I was lifting it up to my mouth. 
Sunday we hung out in Santa Cruz.
A great weekend for our singleton. 



No comments: