Thursday, April 15, 2010

Return of the crib vaulter

After an extended, rather vocal protest by Amalia at bedtime, Andy and I heard a loud thud from upstairs. By the time I got up there, she was turning her bedroom doorknob and proceeded to march straight into my room and into my bed.

Andy immediately got out his allen wrench set to remove the side panel on Amalia's crib since he was worried her Fosbury flop action might at some point result in actual injury. Without a barrier to impede her bed debarkation, the battle of wills was on.

Since she wouldn't stay in her bed, I simply closed the door and waited for her to come out. She didn't, but she did cry. For a long time. Channeling Super Nanny, I resisted the urge to go into her room.

When at last it was silent, I snuck a peak to see how and where she had konked out, figuring she'd fallen asleep on the floor. This is what I saw (with the benefit of the camera's flash):

I'm not sure who exactly can claim victory in the battle of wills. She stayed in her room, but not in her bed. Perhaps it's a draw...until next time.

No comments: