Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lost in Austin

Here are more snippets from my trip with Amy to the "Live Music Capital of the World." Think I'm tempted? You bet. If only Andy could stand the heat.

View from Mt. Bonnell, the highest point in Austin.

Requisite back-of-people's-heads concert shot. In the way back is Austin-based Bob Schneider playing at the Saxon Pub.

Our ride. It took me about a day and a half to get used to driving stick again. Now that I'm back in our Highlander hybrid, my left foot is feeling left out.

Canoeing on "Lake Austin."

We tried not to whack the numerous swimming turtles on the head.

Just like Tom Sawyer. Well, except for the skyscrapers.

A river runs through it.

"Blue Hole" in Wimberley, Texas.

An honest-to-goodness swimming hole.

The water was 69 degrees.

Refreshing!

The Whole Foods mother ship.

And this is just the wine section.

Our last supper.

How twee!

Amy, before heading back to the airport...and reality.

Heather, soaking up every last ounce of relaxation.

What I failed to capture was Verde's, an amazing Mexican restaurant that had its own backyard (brilliant!), the very redneck Charlie Daniels Band show, and numerous other quirky (dare I say weird) Austin sights. Good times all around. Thanks again to our hosts, Toli and Christine, and to everyone back at the ranch.

No comments: