Tuesday, August 17, 2010

School envy

Andy had the chance to attend the ribbon-cutting at Lily's renovated elementary school this morning. It's about three blocks from our house and is just beautiful. I wish I had a picture of the portables in which she spent her year of Pre-K so that you could be dazzled by the contrast, but I think these images are impressive nonetheless. Who woulda thunk we'd get such a nice public school right here in our little ol' DC neighborhood?

It's an election year, so our mayor (in the blue tie) was not about to miss an opportunity to press the flesh and take (partial) credit for our shiny new building.

DC Schools Chancellor Michelle Rhee at the press conference. The kids in orange shirts were bussed in for the photo op.

My high school gym wasn't this nice. To be fair, the school gym will also be open to the public as a community center.

Steve Jobs would be proud. Did I mention that my first computer in school was a TRS-80?

The new playground. We've already done a test run. Lily gives it a thumbs up.

Where Lily will spend most of her kindergarten hours.

School starts Monday. We can't wait.


No comments: