Saturday, June 23, 2012

On the waterfront

I had the girls all to myself this morning, so we took a trip down into Georgetown for some adventures. (Amalia didn't want her picture taken in the above photo.)

On the bus. 

This new water feature was unveiled last year in Georgetown. Today was our first time to enjoy it. 

And, boy, did we.  

But I couldn't keep Amalia away from the wildlife for long. She spotted some ducks on the Potomac. (That's the Kennedy Center in the background.)

We didn't have bread or anything, but that didn't stop Amalia from trying to lure them over with her special duck calls. 





Then back up to the water fountain to cool off again before heading over to the movie theater. 

We saw Pixar's Brave, which I think the girls both liked. I'm sure I'll know more later when they rehash specific scenes that stick in their brains. 

No comments: