Monday, May 12, 2014

Jelly bellies

Yesterday we stopped by the Jelly Belly factory to break up the drive on the way home from Andy's brother's house. We'd gone up there on Saturday to help celebrate our nephew Chase's birthday. 
The paper hats were mandatory during the factory tour. 
I think the girls liked the free samples the best. I also enjoyed the numerous portraits of Ronald Reagan made out of jelly beans.
We even bought some Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans (of Harry Potter fame). The girls weren't too keen on trying them.

(It being Mother's Day, we also stopped for lunch at one of my favorite places along I-80: Mary's Pizza Shack. I would say it's because the food is really good, which it is, but really I like to go there because they used to have one of my all-time favorite billboard slogans, "Where are you going that's more important than spaghetti?" So meta.)

No comments: