Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weekend retreat

Last Thursday, my friend (and sophomore year college roommate), Nancy, and I went up to Stanford Sierra Camp in Tahoe for the 20th Annual Healthy Living Retreat for Women. It was a breathtaking 2 1/2 days, both in terms of content and setting.
Kayaking on Fallen Leaf Lake at 6:30 in the morning.
 The boat dock.
 On the lake.
Learning how to fly fish. They didn't trust us with hooks. Instead, red yarn was tied to the end of our lines as we practiced casting.
 Our instructor was world champion fly fisher Nina Mcleod from Norway. She was very patient.
 We didn't catch anything except a couple of sticks and pinecones. I blame the wind.
 The view from a wooden swing at the end of the lake.
We also had a fantastic lesson from an officially certified HoopGirl. I don't really know what that is, but she must be good because both Nancy and I can now hula hoop.
 This morning we took a short hike before the drive back home.



No comments: