Monday, June 2, 2014

Bottlerock 2014: Day 3

 Not surprisingly, Sunday morning at Bottlerock is quite peaceful.That's me in my Tilly, trying to carry my own shade around with me.

Our first band on Sunday was a San Francisco band called The Stone Foxes. I thought they were really good.
 At first I thought it was really nice of the security guard to offer to take our picture, but now that I see it, I wonder if he wasn't just trying to capture the short shorts of the concert photog on stage.
 The Stone Foxes have a violinist. I knew I liked them!
Plus, they offer wine to their fans (only in Napa). Actually, the best part of this picture is that it captures Carl, the security supervisor in the blue shirt. He was in charge of the main stage security both days we were there and he was beyond impressive. He has five kids ages 12 to 19, and I have a feeling there's not a lot that gets past him in that house.
Thee Oh Sees, also from San Francisco. I didn't care for them very much.
But look who did show up! The Spin Doctors (their lead singer used to have red curly hair) with John Popper from Blues Traveler on the harmonica.
And what would a music festival be without Barenaked Ladies? Here's a picture of Kevin for my mother.
 Jim
 Ed
And the requisite ridiculous cover from Tyler.

No comments: