Friday, April 10, 2015

Spring break writing

On this last day of spring break, the girls each spent some time coming up with new writings.

First, a poem by Amalia:

Seeds
I see you are
a seed. Tell me
What do you need.
I need some water to grow
and some sun
to glow and some
air for my
leaves to get and
some dirt for my
roots to spread.
Now I am a plant!

Next, a micro-story by Lily:

California's Water Town
Once, there was a rather large town in California. But it was not just any town, it was a water town. A water town is a town that, instead of streets, has rivers and lakes and streams and all different kinds of bodies of water. It was a very happy little town. Until one year, it was said that there was a drought. The worst drought in 100 years, in fact! So one by one, very slowly, all of the different kinds of bodies of water disappeared, and the people of the town were devastated. From that year on, that town had normal streets like everyone else. And the drought just kept on getting worse and worse, year after year. And that's where we are today.

No comments: