Sunday, January 31, 2010

TDY Day 2: Processing

So this evening Lily said to me, "In a little while, when I miss Daddy, I'll probably cry."

Me: That's OK. I'll probably cry too sometimes.

Lily: But I'm not going to cry this day. Later, in a little while. (pause) But if I rub my eyes with my hand, I won't cry. But not if I rub them just once. I'll have to rub my eyes a couple of times to not cry.

Actually, Lily has taken Andy's absence remarkably well so far. And tonight we were able to chat with him over video Skype, which we'll try to do pretty regularly. There's a 12-hour time difference between here and Cambodia so we'll probably wake Andy up every morning when our computer rings his computer when we get home from work/school each evening.

I'm convinced that Lily being able to see Andy will make him seem much less "gone." Technology is amazing.

No comments: