Wednesday, February 3, 2010

TDY Day 5: Testing my mettle

The day was bookended with events that served to test whether I can really handle tasks that are usually in Andy's domain. The answer? Sort of.

We recieved another 5" of snow last night, so I got up at 6:00 this morning and shoveled our walks and driveway while the girls were still sleeping. Then got both girls up and out to their appointed destinations on time. Score one for Heather.

This evening, however, my neighbor came over as I was putting Lily to bed to tell me that the front left tire of our car was flat. Fortunately, she also graciously volunteered her husband to help me change it. (By that I mean I held the flashlight.) Score one for observant, helpful neighbors.

Unfortunately, my single-parent hazing is only just beginning. DC is slated to be hit with another snowstorm this weekend that will drop 12-20" of snow on us.

No comments: