Monday, May 27, 2013

A day to remember

Continuing our DC-palooza, we headed downtown today for the National Memorial Day Parade on Constitution Ave.
I taught Lily how to do cat's cradle this morning, which came in handy while we were waiting for the parade to begin.
Meanwhile, Amalia gathered sticks in front of the Natural History Museum. 

 Sneaking a pic in the middle of the parade route.
 I don't care what the girls say, a birthday cake flavored popsicle is not a good idea.
 Amalia fashioned a flag holder with one of her sticks.
 We saw about 20 bands today, but this one was the best.
 RGIII! I did not ask him how his knee is.
 Gary Sinise
When these Clydesdales went by, Lily muttered, "I wonder what kind of horse I'll get when I grow up."
The gray-haired guy in the lavender shirt is American Idol winner Taylor Hicks. He didn't sing for us.
 Trace Adkins may be super nice, but today he seemed to have a bit of a stick up his rear end.
After the parade, we stopped for dinner and then dessert at Something Sweet. Because Amalia needs more sugar.



No comments: