Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Of mole rats and blueberries

After reading books to Amalia at bedtime, I asked her to tell me something about her day. Here's how the conversation went:

Amalia: Today was a field trip day.

Me (knowing it was not, in fact, a field trip day): Really, where did you go?

Amalia: To a farm.

Me: Really, what did you see?

Amalia: Mole rats.

Me:

Amalia: And horses. I rode a horse.

Me: Did the horse have a name?

Amalia: Yes. Snowflake. She was white all over. Oh, and I saw a show. And then I went on a ride that was like this (holding up her hands at an angle) where you slide down and go poof on your bottom. You know that ride? Where you go poof on your bottom?

Me: No.

Amalia: Well. Then I had blueberries. We actually picked blueberries and ate them for our snack. I can't remember anything else.

Me: Well, maybe you can dream about your field trip and remember more.

Amalia: OK.

No comments: