Saturday, June 8, 2013

Runaway Training

Almost as soon as Heather pulled away from the curb with a friend to go "farewell" bar hopping and get trashed (you know how Heather), I (Andy) had managed to upset Amalia so much that she (again) proclaimed that she hated me, was packing her bags, and was running away "for four days." When I told her she would get hungry, she said "they" would feed her. With a little effort, I managed to find out she was running away two doors down at Baker's & Shelby's house. I asked if they had a bed for her and she said she would sleep with them. Then I told her their house was just as small as ours, possibly smaller, and they might not have room. Then I asked her if they would take her to school, too. She seemed to think so. I told her I would really miss her. She would not miss me, nor would she miss Heather, for that matter, since we were both mean. I told her it might be better if she slept in the basement so she didn't have to worry about space or food, yet she could be far away from us two floors up. That was acceptable. Big sister Lily helped her prepare her quarters. Here is the outcome.



Pretty nice setup: Lots of shoes (did I mention Lily helped?), backpack, new bedazzled ball cap, dental hygiene goods (toothbrush, toothpaste, fluoride rinse), and lots of extra clothes in the nightstand.


And here she is, protesting after I fed her dinner, found her blanky, and brought her milk. No doubt, she will maintain her protest throughout the night. It remains to be seen how she views the world tomorrow morning.

But getting back to how this tale began, with Heather departing with a friend who no doubt will do her best (with a couple other friends' help) to get Heather plastered, if Heather really does get trashed tonight, I am more interested in seeing if Heather has a hangover and how that shapes Heather's view of the world tomorrow morning.

How does one get plastered off of three drinks in three hours, anyway?

If Heather and Amalia both awake feeling nasty, Lily and I will run away tomorrow!

No comments: