Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cruiseapalooza: Tuesday

On Tuesday we had our first port of call: Costa Maya, Mexico. 

Here we are in our spacious cabin before heading out for the day. I believe Amalia is reaching to take a picture. In the background are the world-famous bunk beds. 

We eschewed the expensive excursions in favor of a taxi to a nearby beach. 

Poser.

 Beach bum. 

 Andy got a workout swinging the girls around. 

 
 Amalia collecting coconuts for one of Gilligan's wacky schemes. 

OK, so the guy on the far right is Ed Robertson, lead singer of BNL, who coincidentally was at the same beach taking a break from the first dive of a SCUBA excursion. Not long after we arrived I ran into him as we were both coming out of the restroom (I was changing the girls into their swimsuits). I took the opportunity to thank him for hosting the Ships and Dip cruise, telling him that it was nice to have a vacation that forced me to disconnect from my BlackBerry, to which he replied, "And what is it that you do that makes you so connected to your Blackberry?" Nothing like a complete stranger--and a celebrity at that--to shine a light on my pathetic addiction to technology.

It started to rain in the early afternoon so we cabbed it back into town, where the girls found this lovely skeleton pony wearing boots. I think Lily approved--of the footwear, at least.

 A much less fashionable burro.

No comments: