Friday, February 18, 2011

Cruiseapalooza: Wednesday

I should have mentioned on the Tuesday entry that we ended the night with a fabulous Guster show. Too busy dancing and singing to take pictures.

Our second port of call was Cozumel. We did invest in an actual excursion this time and took a ferry to an eco archeological park (their description, not mine) called Xcaret. It was sort of a San Diego Zoo meets Club Med type of experience--with some Mayan ruins thrown in for good measure.

Amalia loved the flamingos. She would ask, "What color is the white one? Right, white! What color is the red one?" and so on.
OK so this cat was simply on the side of the path we were on. It looked wild enough that it might warrant being in an enclosure but I guess it really couldn't have been a baby lynx or anything like that, right?
Amalia had a couple of tough times that day and leaving the tapir exhibit was one of them. Perhaps she was fascinated by his proboscis. 

 I was glad this cat was actually in an enclosure--one with quite a large moat around it. 

 We saw lots of these guys around, mostly sunning themselves on rocks. 

 After looking at animals, we got some lunch and then headed for the water. 

 Me playing tugboat.

 Lots of sunscreen slathered on this one. 

 This one too. 

 Andy teaching the girls how to make drip castles. 

  Back on the boat, Lily fashioned an outfit for her lemur (newly acquired from the ship's gift shop). 

 Another BNL show. 

    Some more acoustic loveliness. 

Here's Ryan (from Guster) singing "Jerome" with the BNL guys. Head tilt.

And Adam (from Guster) singing "Call and Answer," one of my favorite BNL songs. 

In a role reversal with her sister, Lily was the one still awake when we went to pick up the girls at Kids Camp at 11:30. She didn't want to leave and asked if she could stay a little bit longer. What in the world does a 5-year-old still need to do at midnight? It reminded me of when I was in high school and would ask my parents if I could stay out past my curfew so I could "watch the end of Saturday Night Live" with my boyfriend.

No comments: