Wednesday, February 10, 2010

TDY Day 12: The snowiest

Well, it's official. This is the snowiest season DC has ever had since they began keeping track of such things back in the 1880s. We broke the record at about 2:00 p.m. today. I told a colleague, "Wow, somehow I thought it would feel different."

The wind was blowing so hard throughout much of the day, it wasn't even good weather to go sledding. In fact, there were such whiteout conditions, they pulled all of the emergency crews and snow plows off the road. Now I don't feel like such a wimp.

I don't even want to know what we'll find when all of this snow melts.

I think even the snow thought it was too cold outside because some decided to sneak into our house through the skylight in our bathroom, which made the floor very slippery. Lily thoughtfully made a sign to remind us to stay out of "Mommy's bathroom." I may keep the sign even when the snow is gone.



In our sixth day of reindeer games, I tried to capture Amalia chasing Lily during Duck, Duck, Goose because it really is quite funny. Of course Miss My-Hammy spotted the camera and immediately forgot all about chasing her sister.

Schools and feds are closed again tomorrow and transportation options are likely limited to walking. I told Andy I'm getting so low on food options, I even ate one of his Lean Cuisine meals, which should tell you how desperately I need to make a grocery run.

No comments: